In order to attend tryouts, all required forms should have been turned in at the Parent Meeting.
- 8th Grade Tryouts (current 7th graders): begins at 4:30 PM
- 7th Grade Tryouts (current 6th graders): begins at 5:30 PM or at the conclusion of 8th Grade Tryouts
- Please be aware that tryouts may last until 9:30 PM or 10:00 PM. Please send a sack lunch with your child.
Tryouts are closed to the public. Only the judges, tabulators, coaches, and principal will be allowed in the gym. No parents or family members are allowed in the school building during tryouts.
Tryout Required Dress (same as Practice requirements) –
- Royal blue shorts of medium length – should NOT be rolled at the top
- White t-shirt – should be long enough that your stomach is not showing at any time)
- The t-shirt must not display any cheerleading or dance logo. It should be solid white with no emblem or imprint of any kind.
- Short white socks
- Solid colored athletic shoes – white is preferred and highly encouraged
- No jewelry
- Hair pulled back and out of face (high ponytail)
Each candidate will be evaluated on the following categories:
- Tumbling (optional)
- Overall Impression
30% of the score is based on the coach’s evaluation which includes the following:
- 10% grades
- 10% attendance (both at school and at the practices)
- 10% behavior (both at school and at the practices)
Results of the Cheerleader Tryouts will be posted Friday, March 9, at 5:00 PM on the York Cheerleader Website.
The participants with the highest scores will determine squads for next year regardless of whether the participant is a cheerleader this school year.