Skip to main content
This test will cover the following unit:
This unit covers the following information:
Student Objectives –
- Students will be able to explain principles of government reflected in the Texas Constitution.
- Students will be able to explain the structure and function of government outlined in the Texas Constitution.
- Students will be able to explain the rights and responsibilities of citizens of Texas, the different point of view, and effective leadership in a democratic society.
Big Ideas –
- Governments exist to provide order and services to a nation.
- A democracy is a form of government that represents the people, protects rights, and helps determine the common good.
Essential Questions –
- How do governments get and use power?
- What does it mean to live in a democracy?
- How is a government useful to its citizens?
- Why do we have laws?
Guiding Questions –
- What basic principles are included in the Texas Constitution?
- What is the structure and functions of the Texas government?
- How does the state government pay for the services it provides?
- What are the types of local government?
- What are the responsibilities of a citizen?
TEKS covered –