- This event has passed.
This test will cover the following units:
- Texas Geography
- Natural Texas
These units cover the following information:
Student Objectives –
- I can identify, describe, and use a variety of tools used to study history.
- I can apply geographic tools to read and interpret maps.
- I can identify how geography affects the people of a region.
- I can locate geographic features on a physical map of Texas.
- I can explain why natural resources are important in Texas.
- I can locate important cities in Texas.
Big Ideas –
- Understanding the past can help us understand the present.
- People’s lifestyle is based on the way the environment in which they live.
Essential Questions –
- Why is history important?
- Why do historians use eras to divide the past into categories?
- How does geography influence the way people live?
- Why is the study of geography important?
- How do people adapt to their environment?
Guiding Questions –
- How can we organize information about the past?
- What are some ways we can track and measure time?
- What sources of information do historians use?
- How do maps present information?
- How do humans change the environment?
- What are the key geographic features of Texas?
- How does climate and weather affect the people of Texas?
- What characterizes the landscape, climate, and resources of each of the 4 regions of Texas?
TEKS covered –
|7th grade information begins on page 7|
|7.1 A||7.1 B||7.8 A||7.9 A||7.9 B|
|7.9 C||7.10 A||7.10 B||7.20 D|