Skip to main content
This test will cover the following unit:
This unit covers the following information:
Student Objectives –
- Students will be able to explain the reasons for Texas’ secession and involvement in the Civil War.
- Students will be able to identify some of the differences between the North and the South.
- Students will be able to explain the role Texas played in the Civil War.
- Students will be able to explain the significance of 1861.
Big Idea –
- People respond to and resolve conflict in different ways.
Essential Questions –
- Can an individual make a difference in history?
- Why do people fight?
- Is conflict inevitable, desirable, or avoidable?
- What is worth fighting for?
Guiding Questions –
- What issues divided the nation in the time leading up to the Civil War?
- What role did Texas and Texans play in the Civil War?
TEKS covered –